Earlier this summer, I shared our wishlist of what we'd like to do while the days are long and the weather is sizzling. I added it here again, it's gotten shorter because we have had the chance to do so much already! I love getting to plan fun things for us to do together, but some of my favorite moments have been doing things we decided to do last minute, like joining our friends after Church for a picnic in Central Park and then taking turns getting to chase Lucie and her bestie, Elle through the field. Here's a look at what we're looking forward to.
Los Hickson's Summer Wishlist!
- MORE Friday Night Picnics in Carl Schurz + Picnics in Central Park
- Make homemade ice cream and host neighbors
- Have Sangria with friends
- Have breakfast at The Palm Court
- Visit the Transit Museum in Brooklyn
- Support our friend who will be DJing at the Ladies of Hip Hop NYC Festival <Unfortunately, didn't get to do this>
- Take Lucie to the Splash Pad at the Museum of Natural History
- Dance Salsa at the Bronx Brewery
- Go to Shakespeare in the Park (one of my favorite summer traditions)
- Attempt another 5 Boroughs in 1 Day adventure
- Visit the Guggenheim - we walk by it almost every week and admire the architecure but still haven't been!
- *New* Explore East Patchogue, Long Island when HUNYC leads a camp out there in August
What we've done!
- A few Friday Night Picnics in Carl Schurz + Picnics in Central Park
- Panama City Beach, FL with Family (it's been 8 years since we've been there, can't wait!)
- Hear the Philharmonic play at Central Park
- Visit Coney Island
- Visit the Intrepid Museum
- Check out the Rooftop Exhibit at the Met
- Taste new delicious treats at the Smorgasburg in Williamsburg
(Check out this post for more pictures from our time in Panama City Beach, FL with the family.)